What I Believe

I'm a Mormon.

Friday, May 17, 2013

April and May with the Phillips

 
Hi everyone!  Here are some pictures of our activities over the last two months.  We've been having fun!
 
 
 
Nathan with his preschool set up at home with Mom while Kathryn is at her preschool.  Nathan was spelling the word lion but he had to add a "D- daddy" at the beginning and a "K- Kathryn" at the end.  This makes perfect sense because lion ends with "N - Nathan."  His favorite letters are N, K, K, D, M.

 
Nathan as a football player at the Redskins stadium where we went for the open stadium day.

 
Kathryn - our football girl!

 
Nathan climbing the tree in our backyard

 
Kathryn and Nathan with their book buddies from preschool.  We had two days of intense Winnie the Pooh and Tigger adventures while Kathryn and Nathan got to borrow these characters. 

 
Steen-bean happy at the park

 
the whole gang playing in the front room, probably while Mom is cooking :)

 
Dad and Steens

 
Mom, Nathan, Kristina, and Kathryn at the pool.   Dad was there but was the picture taker for this shot.

 
Nathan with both legs in one hole of his sport shorts.

 
Kathryn with the fairy princess from the Velveteen Rabbit - an excellent show we went and saw with her preschool group.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Funny and sweet time...
 


Nathan talking about Mac and Cheese... "I don't like cheese!  I just like mac and."

Kathryn talking about Winnie the Pooh... "I love you forever and I'll never let you go.  Mom, can you write that down?"  (She knows I write down the sweet things they say so she lets me know if she thinks that something should get written down on the list.  :)

Nathan after "spying" a mailbox in the Eye Spy Game... "That's what we learned about in preschool.  And mail trucks!  And mail mans!  And slots!"

Kathryn: There's a golf field.
Mom: What's golf?
Kathryn: A game with a stick and little white ball and you hit the ball into a hole.
Mom: That's right.  Good job!
Kathryn: But how do you get the ball after you put int in the hold?  Isn't it 4-600 feet deep?  (This came from reading "Magic School Bus: On the Ocean Floor"

Nathan: Mom, can you pick up Steen so I don't kick her over?

Nathan: Is my toast done?
Mom: No, not yet.
Nathan: Mom, you are not right on!  (I always say "right on!" when they're doing a good job.)

Kathryn teaching us ASL at lunch and making up new signs...
Kathryn: Are you ready to sign "half new"?
Mom: What does "half new" mean?
Kathryn: It's the 2nd day of having something new.  Half new!

Nathan: When I'm older, can I go to the temple?

Kathryn: When I grow up , I'm not going to be a mom.
Mom: Oh, did you change your mind?
Kathryn: Yes, I want to be a mailman now.  Actually a mail carrier.
Mom: Oh, why is that?
Kathryn: Because then babies won't spit up on my clothes.

Mom: Ok, time for bed (at 1 hour past bedtime!)  You can ask all our questions tomorrow.
Kathryn: Mom, if I pray and ask Heavenly Father to help me remember my questions, He will?

After accidentally bonking Nathan's head while giving him a piggy back ride to bed...
Nathan: Mom, when I go to bed tomorrow, can you not bonk my head and shoulder?

On Sunday trying to encourage them to do Sabbath activities...
Nathan: Mom, can we play with my frisbee?
Mom:  Let's see... how can we make it a scripture game?
Nathan: By throwing it.  See, like this!

Kathryn:  If you brush your teeth, they'll be as shiny as a temple.

Talking about Kristina while pointing up to the sky...
Nathan: When she's bigger, bigger, bigger like a helicopter, then she can walk like me!"

After a morning of playing tackle football with Mom...
Nathan: I don't want to get tackled.  I just want to get a touchdown.  (And then later on...)  Now, let's just tackle!

Nathan: I know how to play rugby.  You just tackle!

Kathryn: I read my third book.
Mom: (shows the ASL sign for 3)
Kathryn: Oh, this is the planet we live on.
Mom: Earth, the 3rd planet from the sun?
Kathryn: Yep!

After looking through my church binder...
Kathryn: I was looking in your binder about the Marbles.  And they have 9-10 kids.  And they're texting to text!  (making sense of her world but how does someone have 9 to 10 kids?)

No comments:

Post a Comment