What I Believe

I'm a Mormon.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finally - a blog!

Yes, the day has at last come that I'm opening my mind up to a blog - meaning, you get to hear all that is in my mind.  You will most likely get a mouthful of motherhood as this is what fills my days and my heart.  I love my husband.  I love my kids.  And I love the Lord.  When I keep these loves alive, I am happy.

So here are my latest thoughts... I was reading in the Bible a little while ago about how Christ had power to give His life; it was not taken from Him.  He was not killed.  Rather, He offered His life.  Jesus Christ chose to give His life.  I also choose to give mine as a mother.  I am not forced to.  Even at 3am, when Nathan cries, it my choice to give myself to him.  And I choose to.  Choosing to give my life is more powerful evidence of my love for my children than if they were "taking" my life. 

I love this scripture: "He who seeketh to save his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."  (Matthew 10:39)

5 comments:

  1. So true, Holly! I am always sad to hear people talk about all that I have had taken from me...freedom, career, independence. Little do they know that this life is by choice and I am so grateful that I was lucky enough to have been given the offer and smart enough to snatch it up and enjoy it. Some moments are harder to enjoy than others, but at the end of the day I feel accomplished. Not by the goals I achieved today, but the groundwork I laid for 15 or 20 years from now when my children make an awesome decision for themselves :)

    Lots of love to you and your family....we miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly,

    I think you will find that a blog can fulfill a lot of wonderful purposes---a place to share your thoughts, a creative outlet to provide variety from the tough aspects of motherhood, and a way for family and friends to easily see pictures of your children. I'm glad you are so happy!
    --Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly I'm so excited you have a blog! I have one that I have all but abandoned, maybe I will get inspired and get back on the band wagon! Your kids are so cute, I can't wait to read all about what you're doing on the other side of our country! Love you, tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I'd see the day! I'm so pleased that I have a place to come check on you every now and again.

    Thanks for the reminder that I chose this crazy mahem! On days when I'm going a little Kook-o in la cabeza, I'll try to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Holly....for starting a blog and for the wonderful message. The other day, I felt like all I did was "be a mom". Funny how it didn't seem like enough until I reminded myself that I choose and still chose to me a mother. It is a demanding and rewarding job. I love you!

    ReplyDelete